Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cranberry orange jello

Thanksgiving is my second favorite time of the year. I love the way my house smells on that day and the the excitement of black Friday and Christmas movies (I love Christmas movies) starting to air in November just makes me happy.

I didn't start shopping on black Friday until 2009. Since I've gone to Wal-mart around 10- midnight and shopped until 7 am. Then Dan and I head to target and best buy.

We make this alot from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I can't remember when my mom first started making this recipe but after a while it became something my grandpa and I would make for the big thanksgiving meal.

Oh, and if you plan on making anything with cranberries this holiday season (thanksgiving and Christmas) start buying them now.

It's called cranberry orange but there are alot of other fruits in this recipe. I've even experimented and added tangerine to the mix before (seeded tangerine) we usually double or triple the recipe.

You will need:

1 1lb package cranberries
1 orange
1 large or 2 small packages of lemon jello
3 cups sugar
3 cups boiling water
1 lb can of pineapple well drained (chunks or rings any other form won't work)

Grind or process cranberries, orange (peeling intact) and pineapple together, mix in 3 cups sugar. Let stand for 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.

Mix jello and boiling water  and refrigerate for 1/2 hour until cooled.

Mix jello mixture with cranberry mixture and refrigerate over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment