Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lemon Lush

This was my grandpa's favorite desert. Hard to believe that in September he'll be gone for 15 years. I was blessed to have him for 16  years. We were very close (lived next door and spent all my time with him). My grandma would make this for him for his birthday instead of a cake. It's really refreshing! I now make this for Dan as he also likes lemon (and it's kinda scary how alike he and my grandpa are!) I love it as well. If you like lemon my sparkling lemon cookies are also a big hit!


This recipe makes 12 servings (we usually double it for a get together or party)

you will need:
     2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 cup butter, softened


  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese


  • 1 cup white sugar


  • 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix


  • 3 1/2 cups milk


  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed



    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine the flour and butter using a pastry cutter until a ball forms. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
    2. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
    3. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and well blended. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. In another bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix and milk for 3 to 5 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until set, then top with whipped topping.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment